Wednesday, 26 January, 2022

Fuels: taxes in question again

A petition was launched Wednesday, September 18 by the association UFC-Que Choisir to ask the government to remove a tax on fuel. For the motorist, this could represent a saving of 0.12 to 0.14 € per liter.

Fuels: taxes in question again

For the consumer association UFC-Que Choisir, limiting the rise in prices at the pump is a necessity. She launched a petition on Wednesday September 18. For her, it is urgent to lower the weight of taxes, and in particular to eliminate the double taxation which affects the expenditure of energy, fuel, but also heating. According to the association, if we remove the VAT (value added tax) on environmental taxes, the consumer could save 0.12 to 0.14 € per liter. Fuel taxes weigh heavily in France. They represent 60% of the price of fuel. The remainder, 40%, includes the price of petroleum and refining.

Darmanin rejects the idea of ​​a floating tax

To limit this price increase, some, like the boss of Total, are now advocating the return of a floating tax, which would rise or fall depending on the price of the barrel. But Gérald Darmanin seems to rule out this idea, while justifying the government’s choices. Suspended during the “yellow vests” crisis, the carbon tax is still debated. Wednesday morning, a report from the Court of Auditors pleads for its reinstatement.